DEVELOP A ROUTINE
Every day is different.
Every game is different.
As an athlete we want to have a similar feeling when we step on the ice. A type of familiarity where we feel good.
As one matures they begin to develop routines ...the night before ...the day of a game... and daily habits. Building a routine helps one set their mind and focus towards achieving success. If you set yourself up to feel good, and to be in a mental state of knowing what you must do to be successful, you will set yourself up for success.
Now, start to get some habits down through the first 2 months of the season that make a difference for your game.
- Get good rest daily
- Watch personal highlights of your game
- Watch pro goaltenders that relate to your game
- Combine video clips and make a highlight reel of good images for your mind
- Have a pre-game warm-up routine
- Have mental trigger words the clue you into keeping your mind on the present
- Have game objectives that you want to meet that push your competitiveness